Monday, June 22, 2009

Back to Reality

Hello Cyberspace,

So, I got back from a SEW on Saturday (for future reference SEW means Spiritual Emphasis Week) and I am so happy I was able to go, it was an awesome personal confirmation that that is what I’m meant to do. I took the train up to Croton-Harmon NY, and was picked up there to end up in beautiful Putnam Valley NY for a week at Hudson Valley Christian Academy. By the way, HVCA is a super fun school with a great bunch of teachers and a really fun bunch of kids. I hope to have pictures up on my website soon. We stayed with a great host family who were very generous with their hospitality. So generous, in fact, that I’m planning to spend an extra weekend with them right before we’re back at HVCA in October.

As I was going through the week last week, I was reflecting on how happy and blessed I am to be called to Coastlands and this verse popped out to me…


“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17


I think of that verse, and I think of last week and I can’t help but thank God for the privilege of ministering for Him. It makes me realize how much more God blesses us beyond what we expect. I was expecting a good week, and I got an awesome week! I was expecting a place to stay for a few days and got some amazing new friends! I was able to spend a good chunk of time with the Pre-K class at HVCA and I loved it. I could spend all day sitting with kids reading books to them. I got to go to a Father’s Day celebration with the Kindergarteners and was blessed to see the kids play games with their dads. And I was able to share bacon and pancakes with the first graders, anyone who knows me, should know how much I love bacon.

Though now it’s back to reality. My car is still not running very well, each time I drive it, I wonder if that’ll be the time it breaks down. We know the Apostle Paul had a thorn in his flesh, and we’re not really sure what it was, but I’m pretty sure that mine’s my car. I keep having the same problem, I hope once I can get it fixed it’ll keep for a while.

I’m now working on getting my mailing together and getting the website up. I’m also working on getting a talk together that I can share with churches. Let me know if I can come to your church!

All right, I’m gonna get going.

Have a great day!

No comments: