Saturday, December 5, 2009

Eagles vs Chickens

Well, as it’s been quite a while (nearly 2 months!!) I figured I’d finally write a blog entry. Since my last entry we’ve been to 4 more schools, one in Connecticut (where my mom was able to come minister with us, Woohoo!) one in New York, one in Maine and we just got back from a school in Beverly, MA. Things have been good, Thanksgiving came and went, I was able to go over to my folks’ house, after I dropped almost 200 bucks to get my car fixed, but now it hopefully won’t scare me like it did when I thought we might be stranded in New York.

God continues to work on my issues of trusting in Him, since my last blog entry, I lost $100 of support a month and then got it back. I continue to be blessed by the support I receive by some folks who I know struggle to pay, but it blesses me so much, and I believe that God will bless my supporters as they give, perhaps sacrificially.

Yesterday, I spoke to the kids and told them a story about an eagle that thought it was a chicken. I love that story, because that reminds me that God created us to be eagles, even though sometimes we feel ok with scratching out life with the chickens. I no longer want to be a chicken; I want to be an eagle, one that Isaiah 40:28-31 speaks of…

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

That’s been a verse I’ve loved for a while.

I’m currently really enjoying the season, there’s snow falling outside, and Christmas music coming out of the speakers, I’m thinking of going to make some hot chocolate…

Have a great day!

No comments: