Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back to technology

Hello Cyberspace,

Can’t write long because I’m in the middle of packing to move, but I wanted to at least get an update out.

I spent last week with my folks at our cottage in Vermont, my friend, Brad and I went up. It was a good week, the weather was cool and sometimes rainy, but I’d actually rather have that than hot and humid. I was mostly without technology the whole week, no internet, not even a cell phone signal at the cottage. I managed to get to Panera Bread on Thursday to at least check e-mail on my iPod. I did have my iPod with me all week, but without internet, all I could do is listen to music and watch movies. I did read, I read 4 books, about 1400 pages. When I finally settle back in New England in August, I think I might not put a TV in my bedroom, I think that’ll cause me to read more.

Probably the biggest news I got last week was that Pam bought a house! Now Coastlands has a ministry base!! Praise God!!! That means that instead of moving to Vermont with my parents, I’ll be moving into the upstairs apartment at the Coastlands house. I’m happy about that. I mean I love my parents and would have happily moved in there, but I wasn’t 100% happy about it. After living on my own for a decade, it would have felt like I was taking a big step backward to move back in with them.

Well, that’s about it from me, Saturday I move in at Brad’s in Souderton, then in August, up to Manchester, NH!

Have a great day!

No comments: